I
was fresh out of college and wanted to feel more like an adult, back a few
years ago. I knew I wanted to actually quick smoking cigarettes, but I always
liked the idea of smoking cigars, because you didn’t totally inhale the smoke.
Back when I was a little kid, my grandpa used to take out his personal humidor
that I just thought, for whatever reason, was the most quality looking thing
ever. A quality humidor. That’s what I thought of when I thought of my grandpa.
I was too young to know it was even a “humidor” for cigars, but I knew it was a
smooth and awesome box, and he pulled it out and took this cigar, and started
puffing away, telling me stories about my parents and about himself when he was
my age then. It was an amazing time. It was an amazing quality humidor for
cigars. What can I say?!
So, walking around after graduating, I
passed a humidor store for cigars on campus. I can’t believe I had never
noticed it before now. I went inside and was brought immediately back to those
young years with my humidor-using grandpa. I smelled the smells. I watched the
mature men sit there and chat over, with wooden humidors for their cigars
nearby, and more quality humidors for cigars on the walls of the store, for
purchase. I asked one of the men where he got his personal wooden humidor from.
He told me it was Carolina Wood Designs. I had never heard of them, but I went
online and checked them out. I bought my own quality humidor with my own design
that day. It made me feel somehow initiated to a more mature level of manhood,
and also made me feel united to my grandpa again. I was able to also replace my
cigarette habit with cigar smoking, so that was a step up as well. I plan to
give my friend a humidor for cigars from Carolina Wood Designs for a belated
graduation present. I’m very excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment